For many months, the elders who oversee the work of Sheffield Presbyterian Church have been praying for guidance regarding a new suitable meeting place. As of Sunday 30th March, the church will be holding all of its regular services at Hill Top Chapel, Attercliffe Common, Sheffield, S9 2AD (the post code is for the police station opposite because the chapel does not currently have its own postcode).
This chapel was built in 1629 and its founding minister was Stanley Gower who became one of the Westminster divines in the Westminster Assembly. Gower grew to become a prominent presbyterian pastor and theologian by his death in 1660 and he finished his ministry in Dorchester, England. The chapel has gone through various stages in its almost 400 year history, including being derelict in the 1930's. However, today it has been restored in a measure and it will be the new home of Sheffield Presbyterian Church. Our services will be at 11.00am and 5.00pm on the Lord's Day with a Sunday School teaching the Westminster confession and catechisms at 10.00am. Our midweek meeting from the beginning of April will be held there at 7.30pm on Wednesdays.
Please check our website for more details and we look forward to you joining with us to worship the Triune God, in the name of our mediator the Lord Jesus Christ.
Psalm 126:1-3 'When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dream. Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy; then they said among the nations, “The LORD has done great things for them.” The LORD has done great things for us; we are glad'.