Friday 3 November 2017

Pro-life Awareness and Information Meeting in Sheffield

Psalm 139:13-16

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them".


This Psalm plainly teaches that a baby is knitted together in the mothers womb. Yes, it is a baby and not an impersonal mass of cells as is often assumed and deliberately projected. From the age of at least 12 weeks everything is there in miniature for the baby. And yet, since 27th October 1967, over 50 years now, millions of babies have had their little lives terminated in the UK alone. It is now accepted by society in general that it is fine to terminate a baby's life, if any sign of defect is found, but what authority is there for such screening and such action. Imagine that baby with a defect was you! The Bible says plainly that "you shall not murder".

Yes, we need loving compassion and clarity to tackle this matter. In one of many steps being taken around the world right now, tonight (3rd November 2017) at 7.30pm at Hill Top Chapel, Sheffield, there is a pro-life awareness and information evening. This will cover matters theological and practical. We need the Bible to undergird us, but for Christians to take responsible action to save the lives of babies, to minimise regret among women, and to present a Christian worldview for life.

Please check out website. This website is for women who need advice and do forward it to people who may need to access this loving service:

http://sheffieldpac.co.uk

No comments: