Friday 12 May 2017

"Preaching made Practical" by O. Palmer Robertson

A new book published by Evangelical Press has come out on preaching. It is by O. Palmer Robertson with a forward by Ian Hamilton. Ian Hamilton writes that this book "could well become a standard text used in seminaries and Bible colleges to help equip men become preachers of the word".

This is a welcome publication. In an age where preaching is so little found and where propositional preaching is not the flavour of the day, this book could help men already called to preach and those considering the call to preach and pastor. Really, preaching and pastoring go "hand in hand". Every pastor has to be a preacher, though he must be more than a preacher.

Listen to Paul the apostle instructing the Corinthians:

1 Cor 1:23 "But we preach Christ crucified"

1 Cor 9:16 "For if I preach the gospel, that gives me no ground for boasting. For necessity is laid upon me. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!".

No comments: